Monday, March 21, 2011

A New Post, In Which Cholera Gets the Better of Me

OK, not really.  I appear to have contracted a virus that makes me want to nap and eat chocolate all the time, but I haven't been able to find it in any medical dictionaries.  However, cholera has nearly given me a very bad day, simply by not being something you can be inoculated against.

It's one of those things I thought I'd check up on in the ms, that slipped past the betas, that flew under the radar for the agent, and that I obviously wasn't bright enough to catch in the first place (not cholera, but the research slip - up).  The plot wants cholera to have a vaccination, but it doesn't necessarily have to be that way.  Some minor revisions tidy up the issue.

Really kinda glad that I thought I'd check on that just in case.  Would've been quite embarrassing to have an editor come back with - "Yeah, your author?  Clearly an idiot - MASSIVE FAIL!"

8 comments:

elizabeth seckman said...

I seem to have had that same virus since birth. Is there a vaccine for it?

Mindy McGinnis said...

If there were, are you sure you would want it? :)

Anita said...

Not me. I don't want ANY vaccine that will make me immune to the lucious allure of chocolate. YUM.

Darke Conteur said...

I hope you feel better soon.

Sometimes slip-ups happen. They're un-avoidable. Good thing you caught it, eh?

Mindy McGinnis said...

Feeling better! Got some energy - it helps that the agent thought my revisions were "perfect." :) Slightly more in love.

Lindsay N. Currie said...

Yay for hearing the revisions are perfect!! As for the disease involving napping and chocolate. . . I wouldn't want a vaccine for that even if one existed LOL!

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

Since I constantly want a nap and chocolate, I'd probably lead an easier life if I could've had a vaccine... ;)

Mindy McGinnis said...

Yes, I'm very torn on whether or not to accept the (fictional) chocolate vaccine. Do I want to lose out on all that yummy goodness? On the other hand, do I like letting inanimate objects exercise control over me?

Man, this is a tough one.