Saturday, April 9, 2011

With A Little Help From My Friends

Because Joe Cocker doesn't have the shout out rate he deserves.  Not in this decade, anyway.

I'm sure most of my excellent followers know that I serve as a moderator over at AgentQueryConnect. For those of you who aren't members, lurkers, or even aware of what I'm talking about, I definitely advise you to get your e-ass over there.  AQ is solely responsible for my growth in the craft, success as a querier, and sense of self-worth as a writer.  The community there is exactly that - a web of unparalleled support.

I used to mock the idea of having "friends" that you met online.  Now I don't.

A group of like - minded friends and I have started a new blog - From the Write Angle - which offers multiple perspectives on all aspects of the craft, as well as industry coverage.  We've got everything from an MG author to a corset maker, screenwriting to non-fiction, math teachers and lawyers whose combined brain power can fuel generators, and me, periodically making an ass of myself.

I just used the word "ass" twice in one post.  Apologies to the censor.

7 comments:

Riley Redgate said...

I think the censor will find 'ass' three times, actually. Twice, and then once when you commented on the number of times you used it. LULZ IRONY.

Also, From the Write Angle for the win. Or one could say, FTWA FTW. Such awesome stuff over there.

Mindy McGinnis said...

Well the worst thing about the censor is the $@%#%@$ and the #$^T%$#!!

And what are you doing up, young lady? Oh wait, you're excuse this time is that tomorrow is Saturday :)

sarah said...

Is there really a censor?

I love AQ and completely agree with you.

Mindy McGinnis said...

Ha - No! Everything is entrusted to my upright sense of appropriateness :)

Jenny Phresh said...

I have never tried this site; thanks for the shout out. As a former pen pal girl who wrote letters exclusively about HORSES and PONIES (yes, I have a blog post on this) I am all for friends found online. They are real! I speak to them! One day I will have imaginary tea with them!

Anita said...

What a great idea, Mindy! Savvy writers combining their literary know-how and branching out to help other writers.

Oh, and I'm all for an imaginary tea party, too. *waves to Jenny*

Mindy McGinnis said...

Is it green tea? I'm very wary of green tea... love the taste, but I blame it for my super fertility. Yeah, that's right, like a super fertile, superhero.

Write Angle is a great place, and we've been having a good time!