Monday, May 2, 2011

Ridiculous Fun and Summer Plans (They're Unrelated)

I'm a mammal, and I respond to rewards.  My treadmill stands in front of a bookshelf for a reason; I think of it like the rabbit at the greyhound track.  While I ran on the treadmill this evening (or rather, walked briskly), I was looking at the Joyce Carol Oates shelf and a few of the titles made their own sentence.

DO WITH ME WHAT YOU WILL, BLACK WATER ZOMBIE BEASTS!!

Yup.  So there's a little distraction for you tomorrow.  Make up a sentence using only titles from the same author, then come post it here.  No rewards for you though - that comes later.  Like... possibly in the summer?

And with that effortless segue I announce that in June I'll be having a contest!  If you're not familiar with flash fiction... make thyself familiar.  I'll post more soon regarding details about the contest and my own examples of flash.  Don't misinterpret that last bit.

And guess what else?  I'm declaring July WoCoMoMo.  You don't know what that means?  Well, there's a good reason.  I flat made it up.  We all know that November is NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), but who writes in November?  "Not I, " said this cat.

So July is Word Count Motivational Month - here on this blog, anyway.  You'll be competing against me to see how much of a word vomit you've got in you (or out of you).  But be warned - I'm a prolific cat :)

Details about both contests will be forthcoming when I figure out what they are.

Rewards will be announced when I figure out what I can afford.  I was going to give away a lock of my hair but I thought, "Huh, that's kind of creepy."

On another note - in the past two weeks I lost four pounds, an inch on each thigh and each upper arm, but gained an inch and a half on my middle.  Stupid middle, I deny your existence.

4 comments:

R.C. Lewis said...

I utterly ❤ your sample sentence. I don't think I can do it with my books--I don't think I have more than 3 or 4 books by any given author in my classroom collection, and most of my other books are in boxes at my folks'. But when I'm home this summer, I'm gonna try it with my mom's mystery novel collection. Agatha Christie, Tony Hillerman, a few others ... she literally has dozens of each. :-D

Read my books; lose ten pounds! said...

Wooo Hooo! 4 pounds! NICE!

Mindy McGinnis said...

RC - I bet you can make up a pretty fun one with Christie novels...

I know! Four pounds! That's like, two boxes of Oreos that don't count!!

cherie said...

You mean you gave your 4 pounds to me? No wonder my jeans are suddenly tight. :P Take it back, you naughty little cat. lol

The treadmill's working with you then and no longer trying to kill you? Good. I need to get my butt on my treadmill. It's standing here by its lonesome, watching me while I sit typing and stuffing myself with veggie chips. Harhar!