Thursday, June 30, 2011

C'Mon Baby, Do the WoCoMoMo!

July - it creepeth upon us! Tomorrow is the official kick-off of WoCoMoMo here on WriterWriter - Word Count Motivational Month, where some of my awesome followers gamely share their weekly word counts to see if they can write more than me. At the end of the month, the person with the highest cumulative word count gets an awesome prize - if its bigger than mine.

I've really waffled on giving you guys specific criteria for everything, so I'm going to do that now.

1) My participants will keep track of their daily totals on their own - no need to tell me what's up with you everyday. Not that I don't care. Really.

2) On FRIDAYS email me (use the *email me* link above the followers section) with your weekly word counts and I will post them on the blog for comparison. Now, if you're really, truly embarrassed about your lack of word vomit for the week, let me know and I won't post your totals. But remember, public humiliation is good for the soul, and the whole point of this is to in fact, motivate you.

3) Word count can come from any literary pursuit you're working on at the time. Got two WIP's? Cool. Cranking out short stories? Great. The only thing I'm asking you not to count is blog posts, because hey - I'm not going to.

Alright - here's my current list of participants. If I missed you, please let me know. Since you guys are totally awesome about following directions I think a grand total of maybe two of the participants actually emailed me to tell me they wanted to participate. At least one person demonstrated their interest by writing in shaving cream on my lawn.

OK, that last bit was a lie.

In any case, please do email your word count totals to me instead of other routes of communications, mostly to keep things slightly easier for me to keep track of. Unless this is part of your nefarious plot, my followers? Make WoCoMoMo unmanageable and distract BBC from her WIP? Well, I've got news for you - it takes much, much less than that to distract me. Much le - oh look, a BIRD!!

WoCoMoMo Participants (there's still time to join, if you want in!)

Suzanne P.
Lanette K.
Matt S.
Tansy
RC Lewis (and believe me, you should all be intimidated by that)
Marin R.
Cat W. (I've got you as a possible, Cat)
MarcyK (I know you're missing the 1st week MK, so if you really don't want to, it's cool)

If I missed anyone, please let me know. And remember, any follower can play - email me and let me know that you'd like to get motivated for the month of July!

3 comments:

erica and christy said...

Christy keeps telling me I'm too obsessed with word counts since I've been editing and taking words out more than putting them in! But I'll cheer you all on - good luck!
erica

Sophia the Writer said...

Woo! I'm doing Camp NaNoWriMo so I'll definitely be cheering you guys on with the July word count push. :)

And yeah Midwesterners TOTALLY have an accent LOL

Suzanne Payne said...

ok...I saw the list. Already worried about being embarrassed. LOL! It'll be fine. If I'm last every time, I'll have to get up earlier. ;)