Friday, June 24, 2011

An FYI, A Reminder & Your Own SAT Questions

There were a lot of curious people wanting to know what was the truth and which were the lies in the Jennifer Laughran BBCHAT. Today is the day that your curious minds are satiated. Follower Jess Lawson was the lucky winner who guessed the Jennifer did NOT go to boarding school in Switzerland - which means everything else is true. Yes, she really is that interesting.

For her efforts, Jess won a copy of MAGIC UNDER GLASS by Jaclyn Dolamore, one of Jennifer's clients. Jackie's Successful Author Talk (SAT) interview can be found here, and my review of MAGIC UNDER GLASS is here. And while we talking about Jackie - I won an embellished copy of MAGIC, and an ARC of her newest title BETWEEN THE SEA AND SKY. So, expect another review soon. I usually refrain from fan girl behavior, but this lady can write.

And guess what else is going on in the world? It's almost July, and if you recall this post, you know what that means - WoCoMoMo, baby! July is Word Count Motivational Month here on WriterWriter. What the hell does that mean? It means that you'll be competing with me to see if you can write more than me within that month. Starting July 1, email me to let me know you'd like to be included in the word fest. I'll post weekly totals here on the blog, and I also log my daily accomplishments in the Writing Odometer group over at Agent Query. At the end of the week I'll open up the floor for the participants to email me their word count for the week and I'll compare our stats in a end-week post. If you want to play, but don't want your stats published that's fine, you can email me and say, "I was lazy this week, but don't tell anybody." Be nice and don't lie, it's kind of the honor system, but backed by the fact that my people are always watching you. If you do write more than me, congrats, you win something. If more than one person writes more then me, the person with the highest word count turnout for the month wins something.

And finally, I've got some great new SAT participants lined up. So I'm curious - I've been running the SAT since March, and mostly I ask questions that I want to know the answer to. But what about you guys? What do you want to ask agented, published authors about their journey or process? Respond in the comments and your questions may get incorporated into the SAT.

8 comments:

Bethany C. said...

I'll keep my court-side seats for the WoCoMoMo fest, but this sounds fun!

Jenny Phresh said...

I think I would like to join the wordfest! However, as of July 22 I will be skipping town to a land with no computer (fancy that!), at which point my word count will drop dramatically. But I need to churn 'em out before I go!

Jemi Fraser said...

I'm always interested in the plotter/pantster approach & the trunked novels - but you've already got those.

I'm hoping to get some more revising/editing in during July - looking forward to the holidays! :)

catwoods said...

Hmmm, like a mini-NaNo for Writer, Writer. Sounds uber fun. My only problem is that my goal for July 4th-September 1 is to complete my second chapter book in a series. These cap out at about 10k, which would no where near touch your word count.

I suppose I could hold off book two for August and write my next YA during WoCoMoMo, though I'm so not ready to start that project!

I'll think on it...

Matt Sinclair said...

Hey BBC, count me in. I'm all for a good competition.

Mindy McGinnis said...

Man - looks like I need to do a NaNoEdMo.... :)

Cat, you think on it! Matt - so good to have a guy toss his hat in the ring!!

Tracy said...

I'm in. Bring it on. Yarr! Even if I don't win, I'm going to make comments as if I'm the most prolific writer evers. So be aware of that.

Mindy McGinnis said...

Sounds great Tansy - I'll post more details soon!