Sunday, August 7, 2011

And the Muse Says, "Feh!"

The muse, musing.
So - I'm going on vacation. Yep. The kind where you get on a plane and fly away and go somewhere other than home. I won't be writing during this vacation, so the muse is going to take his own break. It's been terribly hot in Ohio lately, and muggy like a kitchen when you're canning tomatoes. So both the muse and I have kind of said, "Feh," and taken a few afternoon naps, spent time reading, and doing other non-writing things, as my WoCoMoMo results showed.

Nevertheless, I have managed to write 3/4 of the WIP in the past two months. I'm taking this vacation as a regroup and revive, then come back to knock off that last quarter.

And never fear - I've got new posts front-loaded all through vacation, so you can still enjoy my company, even if the muse can't.

To tide you over for today - I'm being interviewed over at Dawn Sparrow's blog. Check it out!

5 comments:

Anita Grace Howard said...

Great job on the writing! WOW! And have fun on vaca, my friend. :)

Krista said...

Have a nice relaxing vacation you deserve it. Also enjoyed your interview.

Suma Subramaniam said...

Enjoy your vacation Mindy! Im heading over to Dawn's blog to read the interview.

Best,
Suma.

Bethany C. said...

You are a word monster! ARGHGHH!!

Enjoy your vacation!! (I dare you not to check your blog while you're gone...)

Mindy McGinnis said...

Thanks ladies for the well wishes! I have had a truly wonderful time, despite being a skeptic about theme parks. Pretty awesome stuff.

And Bethany - not check my blog? Did you say that with your head on? :)