Monday, September 26, 2011

A Little Library Humor

So recently I read a really awesome collection of short stories by an Ohioian - KNOCKEMSTIFF by Donald Ray Pollock. If you want something short, dark, poetic and damn near immobilizing, pick this up.

The humor comes in when I attempted to renew my copy of KNOCKEMSTIFF and the public library was experiencing some computer issues. The librarian was slightly flustered, and talking a little more loudly than necessary (which is totally fine, as you can imagine I do that all the time - flustered or not). She glanced up at her screen in passing and said, "So you want to renew... what was it? Your book... Uh, Oh Okay, you wanted to renew your knockers?"

To which I immediately said: "I better, they get checked out a lot."

6 comments:

Marin said...

Did she laugh, I hope?

Mindy Ruiz said...

bwahahaha! That's AWESOME!!! LOL

KellieM said...

It's a good thing I wasn't drinking when I read this post. So great. I love people who can think fast and witty!

Riley Redgate said...

You are so friggin' witty, it kills me every time. XD

Stephsco said...

Hopefully they laughed!

Mindy McGinnis said...

Well ladies, the librarian missed it completely, but the guy beside me nearly fell through the floor. :)