Monday, September 5, 2011

Show Me Your AS!

I'll go ahead and show you mine first.

I've been writing a lot since the beginning of the summer. I've knocked off over 200 pages on the WIP, a few short stories, numerous blog posts (hold the applause) and who knows how many emails, tweets, Facebook updates and other smatterings of myself distributed over the internet-verse.

As a result, my Mac is missing a few of it's pivotal letters, particularly the "a" and the "s." Not the keys, the letters themselves. They've rubbed off onto my callused fingertips, leaving behind slightly less polished white plastic nubs with fingernail strike marks on them. The "e" even has a distinct downward slope pulling towards the right. I actually use it to place my fingers more than the bumps on the "f" and "j."

I'll miss my old Mac when it's time for a new one. The lack of shine and vowels, along with the "m" and "n" tells me that I'm accomplishing things, and putting my name on them.

What's your AS look like? 


** Quick update! I've got all the winners for the recent BBCHAT's:

MarcyKate Connolly won the Sara Kendall prize by guessing correctly that she is NOT the youngest of nine girls. For her prize MK picked a copy of TORN by Erica O'Rourke.

Marin Ritter won the Joanna Volpe prize by correctly guessing that her mother is NOT an author. Which, yes that means that she did have $500 worth of damage done to her car by baboons. Marin also chose a copy of TORN as her prize.

New follower Anne Brown won the Kathleen Ortiz prize by correctly guessing that she does NOT love poetry, however Kathleen would like to point out that while she does speak Gaelic, she does it quite badly. For her prize, Anne picked a copy of THE TORY WIDOW by Christine Blevins.

No comments: