Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

I have a roving mind. I'm sure that's a shock to everyone. Through the course of each week I tend to accumulate random wonderings in my mind, most of which never evolve into anything other than a niggling question that's going to bother me until I 1) ask someone who knows or 2) go find the answer myself.

Thoughts lately have focused on things we don't notice, or don't realize until much, much later than we should have:

1) The robotic voice on the Beastie Boys' "Intergalactic Planetary" song is actually saying, "Intergalactic Planetary." Yeah, whoops. Didn't pick up on that til about a month ago.

2) For Mac users: the iCal icon down on your dock has the right date on it. Realized that today.

3) My house is populated with females, so I don't often notice that the underside of my toilet seat needs cleaning, b/c well... I never find it necessary to look at it. Apologies to the b/f :)

What's your *foreheadslap* moment(s)?

2 comments:

Jemi Fraser said...

Love it! :)

I've realized the floors don't get cleaned unless I haul out the vaccum *sigh*

Mindy McGinnis said...

Jemi - there's also a direct correlation to the amount of housework done vs. the amount of nap taken.

Amazing what science can teach you!