Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

I have a roving mind. I'm sure that's a shock to everyone. Through the course of each week I tend to accumulate random wonderings in my mind, most of which never evolve into anything other than a niggling question that's going to bother me until I 1) ask someone who knows or 2) go find the answer myself.

Thoughts lately:

1) Technology is great, until it is not. We want everything fast, and we want it now, and if it doesn't happen immediately we wait a bit and then walk away from it, or make it refresh. However, usually some time has passed before we hit the irritation point of walking away while something "processes." *Technically* this makes no sense, as whatever we're waiting is closer than it was before our irritation set in.

2) Men like boobs. Not a revelation, I know. But men definitely have the leg up (ha ha) on women when it comes to the dating arena. One glance at us and they know our boob size. We don't find out their measurements until we're at intimate stages. The only solutions I have for this is a massive social revolution where men wear penis identification badges on their chests at all times, or it is illegal for a man to glance at a woman's chest until he's decided he likes her for her personality. I don't see either of these things happening.

3) If dust really is 80% comprised of dead skin cells, then why is there dust in my house after the whole family has been on vacation for a week?

6 comments:

kendare-blake said...

About the penis identification badges...someone would have to police them. There would be flagrant lying...and inappropriate graffiti.

Excellent Thursday thoughts! Hilarious.

Yvonne Osborne said...

Dust is a mystery, as is a man's penis. We can guess at the size by the bulge and whether it rests to the left or the right, his preference when traveling. (I have a poem in mind.) A badge is a good idea but then they would forget to wear it or misplace it or switch with someone else to try to fool us. Good thoughts for a rainy Thursday!

Suma Subramaniam said...

Intriguing Thursday thoughts Mindy. Thanks for sharing your open mind with us:-)

dcamardo said...

How is this going to be the blog post that BBC finally gives me access for?

Sorry, I'm gonna have to say "no comment" on the badges, because I chose to be an MG writer for a reason. (That's not the only reason.)

I know, I know... I'm no fun.

But now technology, that's something I was talking to my brother about. Did you know there is going to be or is a USB 3.0?

Who the heck needs that? What kind of saving emergency do you have where you can't wait for your USB to connect (it takes like 2 seconds!). I mean I plug my mouse in and it starts working instantly to my slow mind. How will I even notice it working faster?

But that's the way technology is. When I got my Kindle 2, I was like "there is no way there could be anything better." Then the Kindle 3 came out, and I was like "who needs this to be thinner? Who needs this to have twice as much battery?" Did I buy a Kindle 3? Yes. Yes, I did.

I imagine that's how USB 3.0 is going to be. "Do you remember the Dark Ages when you plugged in a flash drive and it took 2 seconds to connect?"

Mindy McGinnis said...

Oh but Derrrrrick - we need man info on the penis ID badges!!

I agree with you completely on the USB 3.0. I remember thinking that CD's were pretty damn awesome as compared to floppy disks, now USB's? I seriously have no idea what could be next.

Mindy McGinnis said...

Kendare - I totally nominate you to police the penis ID badges! It's totally volunteer though, and you might get arrested at some point.

Yvonne - You've *got* to share the poem that would be mentally linked to penis ID badges!

Oh Suma, I'm all about the sharing ;)