Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

I have a roving mind. I'm sure that's a shock to everyone. Through the course of each week I tend to accumulate random wonderings in my mind, most of which never evolve into anything other than a niggling question that's going to bother me until I 1) ask someone who knows or 2) go find the answer myself.

Thoughts lately:

1) Life's pretty unfair sometimes. Loud music hurts your ears, food that tastes awesome is bad for you, really good looking guys tend to be poison. Sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in a massive didactic video game.

2) Why are credits always FIRST in feature length kid's cartoons? What the heck kind of hook is that?

3) When I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is wash my face. I can't stand to have the "dirty face" feel. But why is the skin on our face so sensitive? I don't wake up and think, "Oh man, I've got to wash my forearm, it's soooo bothering me right now." Biologically it would make more sense to have rough, scaly face skin, because it's always exposed to the elements. We should have feet skin on our faces. Not attractive, but practical!

3 comments:

E.F.Jace said...

I'm sure the cosmetic companies would love the concept of feetface. Concealers sales would be through the roof!

E.R. King said...

LOL! I agree with everything you said in number one, especially the really good-looking guys comment. They're worse for girls than sugar and fat combined.

Mindy McGinnis said...

E.F. - It ain't a pretty thought, but it sure is a practical one.

E.R. - Tell me! Still emotionally scarred from best-looking ex. Man those hot ones get under your skin!