Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

Before you get to be exposed to my brain, I wanted to re-direct everyone to one heck of an awesome opportunity waiting for you over at Miss Snark's First Victim. If you haven't checked out her Baker's Dozen challenge, you really ought to consider it.

I have a roving mind. I'm sure that's a shock to everyone. Through the course of each week I tend to accumulate random wonderings in my mind, most of which never evolve into anything other than a niggling question that's going to bother me until I 1) ask someone who knows or 2) go find the answer myself.

Thoughts lately:

1) What's up with #2 pencils?  What happened to #1 pencils? Why do we bother to differentiate them as #2 anymore - is there another kind?

2) My car drove to McDonald's the other day. I was in it. It was tragic. So while I was hanging out in line I watched some feathered scavengers picking up their free lunch, and I had to wonder - Do birds that hang out in McD's parking lot have high cholesterol?

3) It seems like most geniuses were under-appreciated in their time, or thought to be insane. If I had a lot of money, I might pick up some "insane" people and be their patron. It's a long shot, but that could be my contribution to humanity.

4 comments:

E.R. King said...

I do think the birds hanging around McD's must have bad health to eat all the greasy food. Why wouldn't they?
On a random note, I fed a seagull a M&M the other day. I didn't think it would eat it, but when it did I was surprised. I hope I didn't make it sick.

Mindy McGinnis said...

ER - yeah, seagulls will eat just about anything. I actually believe birds in general will eat anything that will fit in their greedy little beaks.

Unknown said...

I can answer your first "wondering". Number one pencils are definitely still in use by artists. If you get a drawing pencil kit, you'll find a whole range of pencil numbers. A number one has the hardest pencil lead.

Mindy McGinnis said...

SWEET! I love that I got an answer on one of these - thanks!