Friday, November 25, 2011

The Foundling's Tale, or Monster Blood Tattoo Redux

Every now and then I latch onto a writer that I don't think is getting the credit (read: audience) they deserve, and I go about hitting my friends over their heads with the books in question until they 1) read them or 2) stop being my friends.

I've reviewed FOUNDLING by D.M. Cornish before, and because of the fact that it's the first in a series I decided I was not going to review the rest of the Monster-Blood Tattoo books because it can be incredibly difficult to review sequels without ruining them for the intended audience.

So I won't.

What I will do is say that if you're a fan of JRR Tolkien, George RR Martin or - most of all - Mervyn Peake, you will love FOUNDLING, LAMPLIGHTER and FACTOTUM.

And not just because I told you to.


No comments: