Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

I have a roving mind. I'm sure that's a shock to everyone. Through the course of each week I tend to accumulate random wonderings in my mind, most of which never evolve into anything other than a niggling question that's going to bother me until I 1) ask someone who knows or 2) go find the answer myself.

Thoughts lately:

1) The word "testify" more than likely does not have any relevancy to a man's testicles, which has me kind of sad, as I wanted to use it as Wednesday Wolf, but didn't have enough evidence that it's factual. I'm bummed by this, as I'd really like to be able to use the female counterpart "Boobify!" to indicate my strong agreement with someone else.

Why no, I *don't* get out much
2) I'm a red meat eater, we're talking like velociraptor levels. I've got it in my head that I want to know how many cows I've eaten in my lifetime. I think I'm hitting herd levels.

3) The brain is an amazing thing. It makes your mouth have knee-jerk reactions. When I was potty-training my youngest, I had a student come up to the circulation desk and ask me if she could use the bathroom. I said, "Yes, and don't forget to wipe." She was kind of mortified. Those random synapse firings can take you strange places.

5 comments:

Kathryn Elliott said...

I’m 42 and my mother still asks me if I need to use the bathroom before we leave the house. Worse – I debate it EVERY time.

Myrna Foster said...

I'm still laughing over that poor library patron. Yeah, parenting (or teaching) habits + lack of sleep + interaction with other adults = awkward moments.

Matt Sinclair said...

I think "boobify" always works, regardless of "testify."

Mindy McGinnis said...

Kathryn - oh yeah, I get the whole "My side's clear" when my mom is riding shotgun with me in a car and we're at a stop sign. It like mom, i've been doing this awhile now.

Myrna - We were equally shocked, the poor girl. Although, it's still good advice.

Matt - I will defend my use of "Boobify" using your name.

Madam Peregrine said...

Don't forget to wipe? LOL