Monday, February 27, 2012

What You've Always Wanted - Me, For Free.

I've had some fantastic compliments from friends and strangers alike telling me they can't wait to read NOT A DROP TO DRINK. And that's awesome.

But you still have to wait 'til Fall 2013.

In the meantime, I've got a short story in a newly published anthology. Spring Fevers is an exploration of relationships in their varied states: love -- requited and unrequited -- friendships discovered and lost, family in its many guises, and the myriad places in between. Created by Cat Woods and Matt Sinclair, Spring Fevers arose from their work with the Agent Query Connect online writing community, and while membership in the free site was not necessary for inclusion in the anthology, the ten writers whose stories appear are all members. Authors include MarcyKate Connolly, S.Q. Eries, Robb Grindstaff, J. Lea Lopez, Mindy McGinnis, R.S. Mellette, Yvonne Osborne, Matt Sinclair, A.M. Supinger, and Cat Woods. The debut publication of Elephant’s Bookshelf Press, Spring Fevers was edited by the team of Robb Grindstaff, Matt Sinclair, and Cat Woods, with cover design by Calista Taylor, and book design by R.C. Lewis. A new anthology is scheduled to be released in the fall of 2012.

Calista does some excellent work designing e-book covers, has won awards for her own titles, and can make yours too, if you'd like!

And the best part - our collection is free. So enjoy a short from myself and the other talented writers in this collection.

It's on us.

*Spring Fevers is also available for Kindle on Amazon. It'll cost you a whopping 0.99 there, all of which is going to charity.

8 comments:

Yvonne Osborne said...

Yea! I wasn't sure if all was ready to go. I'll have to post an announcment too. I can't wait to read your story!

Marin McGinnis said...

A very good but seriously creepy story! I admit that it does whet the appetite for DRINK, though. :)

Mindy McGinnis said...

Hooray! Yvonne I'm so excited. I just go my copy last night and have yet to "crack it open" to read anyone's - it's on the "To Do" list for this evening.

Marin - Glad you liked it! Hopefully that can tide you over for now :)

Yvonne Osborne said...

I added Not A Drop to my Goodreads "to read" list. I know it's important to preorder so any news on when that can happen? Lots of buzz about Spring Fevers!

Robb said...

I've read them all, but now I can get a copy of the whole thing in one book, er, Kindle download, whatever. I loved your story, Mindy. Very creepy, in a good way.

A.M.Supinger said...

I agree with ^ Marin and Robb, your story is creeptastic in a awesomesauce way!

Matt Sinclair said...

I too loved Mindy's story for all the reasons you guys give. I can't wait for Not a Drop to Drink!

Mindy McGinnis said...

Yvonne - Hooray! Thanks, but I don't have any of that info yet. Believe me, when I do it'll be splashed all over my blog :)

Robb - Thanks so much, I'm seriously flattered. You helped me make it better!

AM - Yours are nothing to sneeze at either! :) I'm thrilled to be a part of something with my talented AQ'ers.

Matt - I really can't either :) And I think I have butterflies in my tum tum.