Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

Today we're going to talk about recycling, and other green-type things. Because that's where my mind has been.

1) I love going past these new green communities and seeing their slogans. My goal is to find one that says, "We're so green, we eat our own shit!"

2) I understand that packaging is a big part of the problem. No packaging. Packaging bad. Don't buy things that are over-packaged. But... if it's already packaged, then the damage is done. If nobody buys it, then the product that is packaged is wasted along with the packaging. This is a serious chicken / egg situation, if you ask me.

3) Have any of you ever been near a recycling plant? Wo - ow. Stanky. I know that sometimes you've got power through the bad to get to the good. I'm a country girl - I've smelled some smells, and that smell gets a gold star.

4 comments:

Em-Musing said...

There's a huge landfill where I used to live that produces methane that is sold. It's all mounded and green. My question though is: Why are there seagulls flying over? What do they want?

Bethany Crandell said...

It must be like an amusement park in your brain. Only on Thursdays, of course.

Mindy McGinnis said...

Em - methane loving seagulls... that's short-story fodder right there!

Bethany - it IS very much like a carnival up there. You should see the shit that doesn't make the blog :)

Leslie Rose said...

I think #1 is a t-shirt moment.