Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

I know you're all dying for my Thursday Thoughts, but before you jump into me talking about body parts that I wish I didn't have (yes, really), hop on over to the Book Pregnant blog to read my post about my first time... at a romance convention.

Sigh, friends. I've been sick this week. It's my first week of freedom from work, the first week when I was planning on jumping headlong into the edits. And of course, the first editor phone call took place on Monday when I sounded like a 75 year old Midwestern male who'd been smoking unfiltered cigarettes in the womb. Fortunately, my editor did not hang up and run away screaming. So my thoughts this week focus on body parts we don't need, and why we should just go ahead and get rid of them.

1) Tonsils. Yeah, I've still got mine. They make me miserable. Everyone tells me that having them out as an adult is tantamount to torture, but I'm tempted to call their bluff.

2) Appendix. Yeah, I've still got mine. Everytime I have midsection pain (or mittelschmerz, as we Germans call it) I have to wonder if it's about to blow and poison all my properly functioning innards.

3) Little toes. Yeah, I've still got mine... oh wait, you probably do too. In any case, I'm always stubbing the damn things, and no, we don't really need them. I checked.

4) Eyebrows. Yeah, I've still got mine... despite lots of waxing and tweezing. (And yes, you get four thoughts this week). Ostensibly, our eyebrows are supposed to keep sweat from running directly into our eyes. And yeah, they probably are pretty useful once you think about it. But did you know you're not the only person (uh, thing) benefitting from that? Yep. Something lives up there.

And yes, that last thought was just a random something I've been carrying around in my weird brain for awhile. I just had to back up it with a link.

3 comments:

Marin McGinnis said...

Eyebrow mites. Gross.

I almost had my appendix out by mistake--can you say, overeager medical resident?--but it turned out I had a kidney infection instead. I think I may have preferred appendicitis.

Hope you feel better, and your normal dulcet tones return in time for the next editor call.

Mindy McGinnis said...

Oh yes cousin, I'm sure that my "dulcet tones" will be in order. On second thought, it would've been even cooler if I just let her think I actually sounded like that...

A.M.Supinger said...

Teeny-tiny spider-like things crawling all over me at every moment of every day...? EW! Now I feel like I'm itchy! It'll take me DAYS to stop imagining nasty spider legs crawling around in my eyebrows. LOL