Monday, July 9, 2012

Listmaker, Listmaker, Make Me A List

I admit to being a compulsive stressball. I have a ton of energy and goals, but sometimes I need to remind myself where to direct all of that. Making lists has always been my go-to way to organize myself. And wow, lists have paid me back with some love.

I didn't even know NOT A DROP TO DRINK was on Goodreads until a fellow author pointed it out to me - what a neat surprise that was. Not long after that, I noticed that people started shelving DRINK, which is even cooler. But how was everyone finding it? I know my blog is partially to thank, but I think the biggest nod goes to the people who put together and vote on lists over on Goodreads.

DRINK has landed on quite a few lists over there, and I want to give a BIG thank you to everyone who added it to a list, or voted for it. We're still a year out from publication, and DRINK is on nearly 800 shelves. Wow. That's a convincing argument for the power of social networking and word of mouth.

Thanks again to everyone who has helped me out, by reading the blog, following on Twitter, watching my vlogs, or saying to a friend (or hell, an enemy), "Have you heard about this book coming out?"

I say that 10 to 15 times a day, but never about my own book. Thanks to you guys, I don't have to :)

And btw - the winner of my 4th of July giveaway is Mfantalis! Email me bigblackcat97(at) gmail (dot) com with your address and I'll get your Anglophile accoutrements in the mail!

3 comments:

Melodie Wright said...

I did not know it was on Goodreads either! Make that 801 shelves. ;)

Leslie S. Rose said...

Very cool shelf news. Congrats.

Mindy McGinnis said...

Thanks Melodie and Leslie! I try hard not to check out my stats over there too often, so when I do it's always a really nice surprise!