Monday, August 20, 2012

Focus on Followers

So obviously I do a lot of promotion of my fellow authors on the blog. Most of my interviews are geared toward helping aspiring writers learn how to conquer the pitfalls and struggles of writing. I started the blog thinking I would ask all the questions to published authors that I always wanted to ask before I was one myself. And honestly, I learn something from every interview I do, whether I'm published or not.

I'm aware that a lot of my followers are also writers, and I want to focus on that for a little bit. Summer is crawling to it's inevitable end, my garden is almost canned away and the root cellar is in decent shape. The library is calling me back, and it won't be long until I get to be surrounded by books again, and call it work.

When that happens, you'll see the return of the usual format for the blog. Thursday Thoughts will be back, and some new book talks for those of you who are burning for a good new read. You'll get some Mindy-centric Monday posts about things going on in my life that you may (or may not) be interested in.

But until then I want to talk about you. Have you had anything cool happen to you lately? Did some of you snag an agent? Are your self-pub sales going well? Did you ink an offer?

I want to know, and I want to help celebrate that with you. Send me an email at bigblackcat97(at)gmail(dot)com and tell me about it. I'll be sharing my follower's successes on the upcoming Monday posts until I'm back to normal.

Well... let's make that until my schedule is back to normal.

2 comments:

Myrna Foster said...

This is a fun idea. Is it ongoing or just right now?

Mindy McGinnis said...

For the moment just right now, but I'll probably do one every 6 months or so