Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

Yes, they're back. I know you missed them - three random thoughts from my week. Each week. Every week.

But before the inanity of my life takes over yours, check out this post from The League of Extraordinary Writers where I was a guest last week. I'm talking about why the characters in dystopian and post-apocs are so refined, yet gritty - and what that says about the human race. I sound much more intelligent over there than I will on this post here.

Thoughts lately are of a medical nature...

1) We need some kind of sonogram / UltraSound app for our smart phones. I woke up for the first day of work in incredible mid-section pain. I thought, "Well, I either have appendicitis, an ovarian cyst, or I just need to take a big crap." Not calling off work for a big crap.

2) Kid's vitamins taste good. Kid's medicine tastes good. Just because we're adults why do we get horse pills and throw-it-back-fast liquids? Is this the pharmaceutical companies way of telling us that the best years are behind us?

3) If we took everything out of our bodies we aren't technically using we could lose a lot of weight. My uterus, one kidney, appendix, tonsils, adnoids, little toes... that's gotta be like a quick ten pounds right there.

3 comments:

mfantaliswrites said...

And along those lines, how about a switch for turning off that monthly pain-in-the-um...uterus except for those few years in your 20s or 30s when it actually does you some good? Huh? C'mon, crack team of medical researchers, let's get on that.

Bethany Crandell said...

How many pounds do you think I could drop for my left arm. I'm SERIOUSLY right dominant. I'm pretty sure I could survive at 85% and I'm like 9 lbs. away from my goal weight...

saw, anyone?!

Mindy McGinnis said...

mfantalis - I have list of things I'd love a switch for :)

Bethany - I saw your got my answer on Twitter - thanks Lydia Kang!