I don't usually participate in blog hops, but when my Katherine Tegen "sister" Liz Coley (PRETTY GIRL-13) asked me to play I thought it might be a bit of fun. So here I am, claiming to be The Next Big Thing. But because I'm me, some of the answers are... er, Mindy-flavored.
I'm posting the answers for 10 Questions about my WIP, which is the sequel to NOT A DROP TO DRINK, currently titled A HANDFUL OF DUST. I'm in edit mode at the moment, so excuse the sawdust on the floor. Next week my volunteers will take on Week 21 - their links are posted below my answers!
1) What is the working title of your book?
Right now it's titled A HANDFUL OF DUST, a nice little poetry shout out to go along with NOT A DROP TO DRINK.
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
3)What genre does your book fall under?
Twisted stuff from Mindy's head.
4) Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I would play all the characters myself, obviously.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
It's already sold to Harper Collins / Katherine Tegen, sold by my agent Adriann Ranta of Wolf Literary.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
About six months.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Maybe BLOOD RED ROAD by Moira Young. I haven't read it, but it seems like they'd be good shelf mates. Also I've always loved the name Moira, so I think it's fate and she should blurb me.
9) Who or What inspired you to write this book?
Adriann, when she said, "You know, DRINK doesn't have to be a stand alone..."
10) What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
I had to do a lot of research about various illnesses, sucking wounds, and how to care for horse hooves.
Tagged for next week (Week 21) are some of my very talented writer friends. Check out their blogs next Wednesday, October 24th, when it's their turn to post answers to these same questions about their own works-in-progress!
Alexandra Tys O'Connor
Kate Karyus Quinn
***Answer these ten questions about your current WIP on your blog
***Tag five other writers/bloggers with their links so we can hop over and meet them.