Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

They're late, but they're here. Thoughts lately...

1) I've been wondering if there's such a thing as an alcoholic Vegan.

2) I've been playing with the idea of being a vegetarian (or possibly a Vegan) so I bought a frozen Vegan cake. The amount of calories in one slice is about 1/3 the calories in a piece of regular cake. So this means I get to eat three pieces, right? Who said this was about self-restraint?

3) I don't think I'll ever be able to cut meat out. I love it. I've probably eaten a herd of cows every year of my life. And chickens? Chickens fear me.


7 comments:

SC Author said...

Go vegetarian!!! We can be the Veggie duo :)

Mindy McGinnis said...

Are you a Veggie, SC? I have to admit I've lost three pounds this week.

R.C. Lewis said...

I have enough veggie/vegan friends. I like having one who'll go for burgers with me. :-P

Myrna Foster said...

I'm going to throw some thoughts out on the alcoholic vegan question. Alcoholism run on both sides of my family, so I've never touched it (beyond vanilla and Nyquil). Both of my favorite uncles were alcoholics. I've never met a vegan alcoholic, but I could totally see a recovering alcoholic choose to be vegan to add another layer of control, especially if they lived alone. Does that make sense?

Mindy McGinnis said...

RC - Well, I'm going to be an "occasional" vegetarian. Which means I'm going to continue to do whatever.

Myrna - Good thoughts. I just feel like Vegans have such an extreme amount of self-control and impulse control that it would be almost impossible to have an alcoholic Vegan.

Tracy Bermeo (A2Z Mommy) said...

I admire the thoughts. I vould noy br a vegetatian, ay least not by choice. I lovr meat way to much, and the rarer the better.

Tracy Bermeo (A2Z Mommy) said...

Ugh. That's what I get for typing from my phone. Apologies for the typos and horrible spelling. Having a love/hate relationship with technology right now.