Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

Thoughts lately...

1) Setting up a Christmas tree is just annoying as hell. If I *don't* set one up, I feel guilty and unsociable. If I *do* set one up it hangs out too long after the fact and I feel guilty for not putting it away sooner. My record for taking down tree late? Mid-March, 2004.

2) I'm sure Jesus loves that this is what I'm focusing on at Christmastime.

3) On the other hand, there's a lot of debate among biblical scholars about when Jesus was actually born. Some push for as late as April. Technically, Jesus might be totally thrilled with me for having that tree up in the spring.

4 comments:

Matt Sinclair said...

And the shepherds kept watch of their flock -- including the spring lambs -- by night.

Claire M. Caterer said...

Mindy, I love the way a Christmas tree looks. And my daughter looks forward to it every year. But man, it's a bugger. I wish I had one of those homes with a huge Christmas tree closet and I could just wheel the whole thing into it, fully decorated, at the end of the season. Then wheel it back out on December 10. Alas. Not true. So I suffer, along with you.

Tracy Bermeo (A2Z Mommy) said...

Ha ! Great post. I love the idea of a Christmas tree closet. Maybe I'll add that to my list for Santa. Jesus knows we are imperfect. I'm sure your questions and musings are just fine.

Mindy McGinnis said...

Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree, you fill me up with such guilt. Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree, by March you smell like spilt milk.