Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

1) If you follow me on Twitter you know that I Ohio Voting. What the hell does that mean? Nothing really because "Ohio" isn't a verb.

2) My life would be a lot easier if the bottoms of my feet were actually vacuums that I could turn on and off at my will. I could clean my floors while hauling laundry. Is it weird? Yeah, totally - but it's also kinda practical.

3) Yesterday while attempting to explain my theories regarding quantum physics, the big bang theory and the event horizon to a friend, my enthusiastic motion meant to embody the constantly expanding universe was abruptly stopped short by a cheap plaster wall. I think this is the universe telling me to STFU. Also, it hurt.

4 comments:

Suzi said...

Sometimes I like turning a nown into a verb, but this one doesn't work for me.

One could argue that it looks like a heart drawn by someone's who's shivering, and then cut off the sides. But that's kinda lame.

(I'm sorry. I had much better examples of who cut the heart, but I'm afraid they were not very PC. So I went with the boring shivering person to avoid being called a mean person. I can do that because I am a person who shivers often in winter. So I can relate.)

Mindy McGinnis said...

Yeah, I'm following. I had to laugh b/c everyone I complained to about my erroneous voting sticker in rea life was like, "Mindy!! You're not getting it!! It's supposed to be a heart!!" And I'm like, "NO! You're not getting it!! It's NOT a heart! It's OHIO! I'm not falling for that crap!!"

Em-Musing said...

I voted in Ohio but didn't even see a sticker. I don't get it either. And I'm with you on the vacuum toes. While that is yet to be developed, my socks are doing a great job of mopping the floors.

Leigh Teale said...

RE: Vacuum feet. I have long maintained that the only reasonable proof against evolution is that humans don't have three arms or a prehensile tail. At least once a week I'm in a situation where I could use a third arm. It is a fond dream of mine that I'll spontaneously sprout one.