Friday, December 14, 2012

2013 Reading Goals & A Chance to Win a NOOK

Well, I managed to fail at something.

I know, you're all shocked, right? But I did. I failed like the way Polyphemus failed to eat Odysseus and his crew. So what's my crime? I set a goal and didn't hit it. The Dusty Bookshelf challenge of 2012 kicked my but like a stick sharpened in a cave fire, and yes, that is the residual goo of my eye trailing down my face while I weep my shame.

OK - none of that is actually true. I still have both my eyeballs and I haven't cried in like, a long time, but I DID fail my Dusty Bookshelf challenge of 2012. In a big way. I only read 5 of the 13 books on my Dusty Shelf.

Shame and shunning, I know.

So I'm going to go ahead and move those dusty books on over to the 2013 Dusty Bookshelf Challenge - and I highly advise you book-hoarders go ahead and do it, too. I'm registering as a Dust Bunny, which means I'll read 5 - 10 books on my dusty shelf.


But hey! I DID make my Debut Author Challenge of 2012. I think there may be a conflict of interest if I sign up for the 2013 Debut Author Challenge, but I advise you go ahead and do that. And if you feel like putting NOT A DROP TO DRINK on your list, it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

What were my Debut Author Challenges for 2012? Click on the Debut Author Challenge in the word cloud to see my picks and book talks!

And in case you do decide to join any sort of reading challenge next year, a NOOK just might help you accomplish that, right? Would you like a free one? I think you might. The Class of 2k13 is giving one away this month. Hop on. We're fun.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comment:

Jessica @ Books: A true story said...

Thanks for joining my challenge again this year! I can't wait for Not a Drop to Drink to come out! Is the cover reveal going to be soon? :)