Monday, February 11, 2013

So Much To Tell, So Much To Say

Wow. Just that.

I've had an insane past couple weeks.

I was in NYC at the beginning of the month for the 2013 Winter SCBWI conference. I can't tell you how amazing it is as a reader, writer, and librarian to be standing in a crowd and suddenly have someone quite, quite famous walk past you. It's just... it makes you spill things.

I also had some amazing fun meeting my editor, Sarah Shumway, Katherine Tegen (yes, I said that) my agent, Adriann Ranta, some amazing Harper authors such as Matt Kirby, Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand, Gail Carson Levine (!!), and Jodi Meadows.

Jodi Meadows is just like a Happy Meal. There's lots of stuff jammed into a small package and she comes with her own toys. Yes, really.

And while all this awesome was happening, I was also constantly in the presence of my excellent and admirable CPs Liz Coley, RC Lewis and MarcyKate Connolly, who made sure that The Mindy was never lost, stolen, or broken. It's a good thing I have some keepers.

And on top of all that I had pizza in Grand Central Station with a bunch of my AgentQuery Connect compatriots, the aforementioned CP's along with Charlee Vale and Matt Sinclair of Elephant's Bookshelf Press.

And then I get an email from Beth Revis inviting me to join The League of Extraordinary Writers. I honestly spent most of my flight home suffering from a very positive and awesome form of PTSD. I have no idea what just happened to me, but I loved every second.

3 comments:

Jessica Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

Wow, what a whole lot of awesomeness! Congrats on joining The League of Extraordinary Writers! YAY!!! :D

Jessica

whimsicalwerecat said...

Well done on surviving those amazing couple of weeks, Mindy! You must have had such a fantastic time! And congrats on your invite into the LEW. :D

Mindy McGinnis said...

Thanks ladies! I couldn't be happier. I have to say that getting an email from Beth Revis was one of those moments where I double-checked and made sure I was actually still me, and not someone else much cooler.