Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

Thoughts lately revolve around my recent trip to NYC...

1) You know you must be an odd duck when a Japanese tourist gives you a funny look in Grand Central Station. Yes, really.

2) Writers seem to be fueled by coffee. And other liquids.

3) The lobby of the Hyatt has an interesting 2001 type-theme. I'm not an artist, and I'm really not sure what's up with the huge white head, but it was quite useful when trying to locate my crit partners during the cocktail party. I sent a text that read, "Hey, I'm under the left ear of the head - where are you?"


4 comments:

Em-Musing said...

OK, I know it's early and maybe my eyes are focused yet, but that photo looks like there's a giant white penis in it. And NYC? Jealous!

Mindy McGinnis said...

Man, and I thought I had a dirty mind... I didn't even see that until... well, now I can't unsee it.

Here's a different vantage point, for clarification.

http://www.grandnewyork.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels-grandnewyork/index.jsp?null

Elizabeth Dunn said...

Would looove to know some more about NYC

Mindy McGinnis said...

Elizabeth - it was awesome, whirlwind... amazing. I'm posting about it on Monday!