Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

Thoughts lately...

1) It would be much easier to train my dog not to run through the flower beds if I could throw lightning bolts with my brain.

2) When I talk to other people's animals I tend to just lie down on the floor with them while introducing myself. I fear this will become a habit that crosses over to other species.

3) The thing I don't like about my ZTR mower is that I can't really daydream quite as much while using it. Random spastic movements to accompany the dialogue I'm composing in my head translates into hitting things that are stationary... oops.


8 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

I need to figure out the flower garden too. We have a new puppy who loves to play and poop in mine. I've heard chili pepper flakes sprinkled on the soil works. Going to try it this weekend.

Lori M. Lee said...

LOL I love your Thursday thoughts. My husband and I tried putting a chicken wire around our garden. It worked until dog #1 discovered he could just mow over the fence with his weight. And then dog #2 discovered he could just jump the thing.

mfantaliswrites said...

Don't lie down in front of a horse.

But you're a farm girl. You know this.

Stephanie B said...

Haha. Your Thursday thoughts are always so funny. Day dreaming while mowing= certain disaster for sure.

Leigh Teale said...

I once ran over a pine sapling (not a small one, either) with the mower because I was fixing a plot hole. Come to think of it, that was the last time I was allowed to mow...

mfantaliswrites said...

My son does dumb stuff like that on purpose, just to get out of chores. We will not be fooled!

Tracy Bermeo (A2Z Mommy) said...

I need that lightning bolt contraption for the deer that eat my lillies all summer long. Love your Thursday thoughts.

Mindy McGinnis said...

Thanks everyone for stopping in. Sigh... yes, I'm a daydreamer. I have eradicated so many stationary objects in my mowing career.