Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

Thoughts lately...

1) Why when I'm struggling with weight-lifting does my upper lip curl? It's like I'm so intent on succeeding I've gone feral.

2) I can run through muscle pain, I can ran through fatigue. I cannot run through losing my breath. I have great respect for people that run long distances. I pretty much have respect for people that can run short distances too.

3) Related to yesterday's WOLF, if you suffer from charley horses you know that there is no relief. Well, there actually is - if you straighten your leg and pull your toes back towards your torso it forces the cramp out. I know this. I've known this since I was little. But somehow curling up in the fetal position and moaning always takes precedence.

4 comments:

LM Preston said...

Mine is - Where the heck is Friday?

Mindy McGinnis said...

LM - I consulted a calendar. It's tomorrow.

Debra McKellan said...

2) I've never been able to run through both pain and not breathing. I usually try (those 2x a year I try running) to focus on my breathing when my ankles or shins start to protest.

3) hahahaha TRUE!

Mindy McGinnis said...

Deb - running is... well it's the best form of exercise you can get. Why is why it hurts so damn bad.