Monday, July 1, 2013

In Which My Absence Makes the Blog Go Flounder

Not like it turned into a fish or anything, although that would also be cool.

I've been at ALA in Chicago since last Thursday, and am getting on a train to go to Boston in about three hours for a family wedding. Needless to say, I came home to my cat Don Gato looking at me like, "Um... 'scuse but, WTF?" And the blog kind of had the same look on its e-face.

I have some great stuff headed your way for the rest of the week here though - an overview of the Class of 2k13 panel at ALA, a little word history for you, some more thoughts from my brain, and of course a Book Talk for you on Friday.

I also need to share some MindyInfo. If you follow me on Twitter you know that I inked another two book deal with Katherine Tegen / Harper Collins and my editor Sarah Shumway late last week. Book titles and concepts are still under wraps but you will have something to read from me in 2015 and 2016.

And it looks like the countdown for Not A Drop to Drink slipped past 100 days without me noticing... but don't forget, you've got somthing to read from me in 2013 too :)

5 comments:

Tez Miller said...

Don Gato is a beautiful name :-)

And congrats on the new two-book deal! I missed that news because I wasn't following you then, but thanks for repeating it here :-)

SC Author said...

AHHHH!!! CONGRATS! So happy to hear :)

Pili said...

YAY! Congrats on the new two-book deal!! I can't wait till Not A Drop to Drink appears in my eReader!

Have a great family time!

Simon P. Clark said...

I said it on twitter, but I'll say it here too - congrats on the new deal! It is fantastic.

Mindy McGinnis said...

Thank you everyone!! I'm very excited. Don Gato was not impressed though.