Thursday, September 5, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

Thoughts lately...

1) Whenever I say, "I apologize," I say it like Andy from DEADWOOD as he's dying in the woods from smallpox. This makes people not take the apology seriously. And if you have a problem with the eff word don't watch the explanatory snippet below.




2) As I tried in vain to get the front of my car clean yesterday, I wondered why glue is made from horses and not bug guts.

3) Everyone complains about carpet. Keeping it clean, how much it costs to maintain, the color fading out, etc. So I asked myself, why do people even have carpet then? And shortly thereafter I realized all these same things are true about hair.

5 comments:

brighton said...

Also true about lawns, some days I just wish we had one of those gravel lawns you see in New Jersey. Though that would make croquet pretty hard. And all carpet floors should be replaced with smooth granite, or concrete, really anything one can longboard on. (For stormy days, or just ones where you have severely bad hair and can't leave the house.)

Em-Musing said...

Yup about the lawns. I once had five acres in Ohio that I let go wild. I was out in the country, so no neighbors to worry about. I learned to cultivate the native flowers and grasses and let Mother Nature take of of everything else.

Debra McKellan said...

I'm pretty sure ink is just crushed ants and berries, but I could be wrong. lol

Rissa said...

Funny, I just got my carpet cleaned and I'm still complaining...but only because my expectations of their service was much higher than what I actually received. Ugh.

Mindy McGinnis said...

Brighton - your genius knows no bounds.

Em - wild lawns in Ohio are sometimes on purpose... sometimes not. I have a partially wild lawn at the moment. It's kind of more of a product of laziness than anything.

Deb - Dude. that's... BUT WHAT IF WE RUN OUT OF ANTS??

Rissa - Rip out the carpet! LIfe will be easier :)