Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

Thoughts lately...

1) Smell is the most adaptive sense we have. Think about it. If you smell a good or bad smell, and then are around it more than a few minutes you can't smell it anymore. What if touch worked that way? Torture would be ineffective and sex would be obsolete.

2) And speaking of sex - men make sex noises when lifting weights. I don't mind, because I totally get that it does actually help you lift, but I also think that if I did the same thing at the gym it'd be really distracting for them.

3) Pedicures feel good and are also completely undermine your ability to function as a human being. After a few solid workouts post-pedicure I have flappy ripped skin on my feet because it was all completely useless baby-soft skin. Now my feet are not only useless and painful, but the sexy-feet attempt has been undone now that it looks like I have leprosy.

3 comments:

Alex Folck said...

As a man with unintentionally baby-soft feet and a vocal workout routine, I find this blog post to be relatable and deeply worrying.

P.S. If taste worked that way, do you think overeating would stop? The taste and mouth feel would disappear and the joy of eating would cease. Maybe some of us compulsive eaters would still chomp away, though.

Kelley said...

I think women make sex noises when doing certain other physical activities, like fighting or example. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a women fighting in a movie or whatever and notice how sexual her grunts and moans sound. O_O

Mindy McGinnis said...

Oh Kelley, that's just called being passive aggressive ;)