Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thursday Thoughts

Thoughts lately...

1) Sometimes when I'm shopping in the dairy section and there's a person on the other side stocking from the back, I have this perverse desire to talk to them. But there's a wall of milk there. Somehow it's socially unacceptable to break the fourth wall of milk, and I instinctively know this.

2) Why do we give people presents on their birthdays? Shouldn't we give the present to their mom?

3) I'm going to see Phantom of the Opera this weekend for the third time. I'm Team Phantom, and every time I'm like, "Maybe THIS time...."

6 comments:

Stephanie B said...

I've always preferred the Phantom. <3

Mary said...

If we were hobbits, we would have to give all our party guests presents on our birthday.

R.C. Lewis said...

A colleague of mine works part-time (and full-time through summer) at a grocery store. One time he was "behind the milk wall" and saw a friend approaching on the customer side. He waited until his friend was right there, then reached through and grabbed at them. Scared the friend to death, then made them laugh.

So once in a while, someone DOES break that fourth wall. ;)

Mindy McGinnis said...

RC Lewis just one-upped me on my own blog. )

mmbeatty said...

I've seen Phantom 4 times. (It just kinda happened that way.) The only deviation I've ever seen was a mechanical fault that cause Raul to climb over the edge of the bridge, look down and NOPE pretty hard. He climbed back over and ran off the other side.

Blake Maria said...

Wow I don't think I've ever seen anyone lurking behind those shelves in the refrigerated section. I feel like I've been missing out on something here.

xxx
Dancing in Black