Thursday, December 11, 2014

Thursday Thoughts

Thoughts lately...

1) You can walk up to a girl and say, "Hey girlfriend," but if you walk up to a boy and say, "Hey boyfriend," it kind of freaks him out.

2) I have reached the age where other women who don't know me but need to say something to me get my attention say, dear or ma'am. No more chica or sweetie for me.

3) I've also reached the age where apparently you're not supposed to laugh when other people fall down. I'm not sure when that transition happens, but I guess I passed that and no one told me.

3 comments:

Artemis Grey said...

I'm still laughing over the 'not supposed to laugh when someone falls down.' one. Yeah, if they're obviously okay, I'm laughing. I'm also usually the first person laughing if I'M the one who fell. Usually, I'll actually start laughing on the way down, and then just continue once I'm on the ground.

I get 'ma'amed' a lot now. It does not please me unless the person saying it has a Creole accent and is addressing me as ma'am because they've addressed every lady they've ever met as ma'am.

Debra McKellan said...

I'll always call you chica. :)

I laughed reading about someone falling down. Break the rules!

Mindy McGinnis said...

I honestly love being called chica by strangers. There's a degree of familiarity to it that for whatever reason doesn't feel presumptuous.

Sweetie, I guess, is a little presumptuous b/c it assumes I'm sweet and that is slightly inaccurate.