Monday, January 26, 2015

Finding Your Pack Of Wolves

Here's the thing about being a writer - we're kind of weird.

That may or may not come as a surprise to you.

A lot of us grew up either completely on the outside of society, or - like me - kind of in it but known as being... just a bit off. When I was younger I tried to massage my off-ness away, tried to be normal, tried to fit in. Thank God I failed.

I'm old enough now that I just don't care, and ironically now that I've won the "Published Author" ribbon, it's considered perfectly acceptable for me to just be a bit different. It never ceases to amuse me that people who have read my books but never met me in real life are amazed at how normal and well-adjusted I am (ahem - or just seem to be) when they meet me, whereas the people that know me casually in real life read my books and... are a little stunned. I can't tell you how often I've heard the phrase, "But you seem so normal."

That's because I've been practicing.

My true friends - a very small circle of people that know me very, very well - aren't shocked at all. They kind of expect it.

Writers find their pack eventually, and one of my pack has the end to her awesome trilogy coming out this spring. FORGED by Erin Bowman is a great culmination of her TAKEN series, and I'm lucky enough to have an ARC and nice enough (or appear to be, anyway) to give it away to one of you. And while I loved the TAKEN series, I also want to plug Erin's fall release - a western titled VENGEANCE ROAD, that I was lucky enough to read at an early stage. If you like NOT A DROP TO DRINK, you'll be into VENGEANCE ROAD - promise.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 comments:

Debra McKellan said...

I can't wait to find a pack.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I once had an agent read sample pages of my horror ms and when he met me, he gave me an odd look and said, "But you look so normal." :)