Monday, January 12, 2015

Something New From Me In 2015

If you follow me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, you know that I got my first pass pages for my 2015 release, A MADNESS SO DISCREET. First pass pages are the designed book, printed on regular paper, that the author takes a look at to catch any last minute boo-boos. (And yes, some still get by us).


Grace Mae knows madness. She keeps it locked away, along with her voice, trapped deep inside a brilliant mind that cannot forget horrific family secrets. Those secrets, along with the bulge in her belly, land her in a Boston insane asylum.

When her voice returns in a burst of violence, Grace is banished to the dark cellars where her mind is discovered by a visiting doctor who dabbles in the new study of criminal psychology. With her keen eyes and sharp memory, Grace will make the perfect assistant at crime scenes. Escaping from Boston to the safety of an ethical Ohio asylum, Grace finds friendship and hope, hints of a life she should have had. But gruesome nights bring Grace and the doctor into the circle of a killer who stalks young women. Grace, continuing to operate under the cloak of madness, must hunt a murderer while she confronts the demons in her own past.

In this beautifully twisted historical thriller, Mindy McGinnis, acclaimed author of Not a Drop to Drink and In a Handful of Dust, explores the fine line between sanity and insanity, good and evil—and the madness that exists in all of us. 

If that's up your alley, you can pre-order MADNESS now!

I'm excited because MADNESS marks something new for me. NOT A DROP TO DRINK came out when everyone was still devouring dystopias and post-apocalyptic fiction, and while I do think it has something different to offer than the plethora of other titles out there, it wasn't exactly going to blaze a new trail in YA. And I can say the same for IN A HANDFUL OF DUST.

But MADNESS is coming out of left field. A Gothic historical thriller set in an insane asylum to follower up to post-apocalytpic books? Yes, I did write that. And I hope you like it.

I'm looking forward to October 6, the release date of MADNESS. But I still think DRINK & DUST have a lot to offer. In that vein, I'm giving away an e-book of DRINK. Enter to win below!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

6 comments:

Kel said...

MADNESS sounds very, very fun. Good luck on the final edits!

_Sandra_ said...

I'm sooo excited for your new book, sounds amazing! :) Looking forward to October.

Gluten Free Doll said...

Looking forward to this book. It sounds intriguing!

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I definitely think NOT A DROP TO DRINK brought something different to that category/genre. There was a stripped down, bare bones quality to the writing that really enhanced the story and the characters.

Cannot wait to read MADNESS!

(Okay, I'm done being all fangirl geeky now.)

Mindy McGinnis said...

Thank you everyone!

And thank you, Madeline for the compliments on DRINK :) It's got a soft spot in my heart reserved :)

kiki norfiyanti said...

A MADNESS SO DISCREET great ebook. followme with your pants grosir celana