Monday, April 13, 2015

Announcing My New Book Deal!

If you follow me on Twitter and Facebook you know that last week I signed a two book deal with Putnam for GIVEN TO THE SEA, the first of an epic, multiple POV, fantasy series set on an island of rising tides, where tribes battle for resources, unexpected alliances are forged, and love bends to the whims of war.

Yes, it's true I'm jumping genres yet again. I started out with post-apoc survival for both NOT A DROP TO DRINK & IN A HANDFUL OF DUST, veered over to Gothic historical thriller with A MADNESS SO DISCREET, and will be dishing out a really dark contemporary for you in Fall of 2016 from Katherine Tegen, tentatively titled THE FEMALE OF THE SPECIES.

I feel very lucky that publishing has trusted me to hop around with my stories. My brain likes to churn out books, but it's never been fond of staying on any one particular path. Hopefully my readers have similarly chaotic reading tastes that like to bounce around and see what's going on elsewhere in the world... even totally different worlds.

15 comments:

Rosalyn said...

Congratulations! I love a good epic fantasy!

Stephsco said...

congrats! I loved Not a Drop, and just added the Madness book on Goodreads.

Britt said...

Ohhh congrats lady!! I am
So looking forward to nabbing a copy of A Madness hopefully at BEA. This new book sounds amazing and who doesn't love a kickass mc?! Can't wait!
❤️Britt

Frank Verdun said...

I'm far less concerned with genre than with the quality of the prose. You already know how much I enjoyed your writing style in Drink, so much so that I'll read anything you put out.

By the time I was done reading Drink you had made my short list of authors from whom I'll read anything, simply out of appreciation for their talent, regardless of subject matter. In my house you can consider yourself on the same shelf as H.G. Wells, Tolkien, Phillip Pullman, Richard Adams, Farley Mowat, Poe, Lovecraft, Bruce Boston, Simon Schama and A.A. Milne.

Will these future releases be written in a similar voice to Drink or will your style change from book to book? Please feel free to go into as much technical or poetic detail as possible in your answer...

Amy McNulty said...

Congrats! Your books are amazing and I can't wait to read this one!

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Oh wow! That sounds awesome!! And that's incredible you can jump genres so much! With my own writing I am so immersed with my paranormal worlds, rarely any other kind of character from a different world jumps to my mind.

Congrats!! Cannot wait to read this and next year's too! Sounds awesome!

kathleenbasi.com said...

Awesome! Congrats!

Kristy Boyce said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait to read it!

Rena said...

Congratulations! That's great news!

Krista Quintana said...

Wow! Congratulations! I can't wait to read it!

Mindy McGinnis said...

Thanks everyone! I'm really excited to get my new projects out in the wild... trust me the waiting is just as hard on me as it is the readers!

The voice for MADNESS is much, much different from both DRINK & DUST as it's an historical novel in Victorian times. My upcoming contemporary definitely has a dark flair of its own, and the fantasy has a voice that I hope stands out in the genre.

Looking forward to getting these books out to you guys!

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Can't wait to read them! :)

Debra McKellan said...

I would read the most bizarre genre that you come up with. lol Congratulations!

Kel said...

Congratulations! I wonder which genre your brain will jump to next after fantasy and dark contemporary...sci-fi perhaps?

Mindy McGinnis said...

I'll throw everyone a loop and right a rom-com ;)