Thursday, September 10, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

It's been awhile since I gave you some Mindy Thoughts That I Have Recently Thunk, because I've been really busy. But I was told they are missed, so here's a few.

1) Why are fly poops so geometrically perfect? Do they have tiny round anuses?

2) Why do we mow our yards? Who decided this was a good idea? You know someone was the first person to do it, and then his neighbor had to keep up appearances and now we're all screwed.

3) I've started saying "vagina to the wall" instead of "balls to the wall." It gets reactions.

6 comments:

Derrick Camardo said...

The house across the street from me went into foreclosure. The lawn wasn't mowed for over a year. I now respect the mowing the lawn social convention. I'm not saying it has to be perfectly trimmed all the time. But keep your yard under control.

AS Olivier said...

Fly anatomy is curious. Never mind buttholes, do they even have hearts and brains? Or are they just a pair of wings sewn onto a pair of eyes with a mass of spikes and legs?

Deborah Hawkins said...

I am so with Derrick on that. Same thing happened to me. Neighbor packed up and left, and the lawn went unkempt for weeks.

Mindy McGinnis said...

But what was the fallout of an unmowed lawn? People were like, "Oh that looks bad." So do spandex but we keep doing that.

Derrick Camardo said...

"Oh that looks bad." Happens at about the 3 month mark.

When there is vegetation that reaches the eaves of the house it becomes a different story. It harbors tons of pests. (I might be more irritated by this, because I'm fatally allergic to bees and insects of that sort.)

It also causes seeds of unwanted plants to come into my lawn. Which hurts my kids feet when they play barefoot outside.

I'm cool with crazy lawns. I live where the destruction derby people live, so car parts on the lawns is totally normal here. I'd rather have car parts on the lawn.

Mindy McGinnis said...

Being fatally allergic to bees would definitely contribute to your dislike! I'm fatally allergic to car parts on the lawn so...