Friday, January 8, 2016

Book Talk: SEVEN WAYS WE LIE by Riley Redgate

My book talks are coming at you from a librarian, not a reviewer. You won't find me talking about style or craft, why I think this could've been better or what worked or didn't work. I only do book talks on books I liked and want other people to know about. So if it's here I probably think it won't injure your brain if you read it.

From the perfect girl who always keeps her cool to the genius who counts cracks in the sidewalk on the way into school to the thespian who can't leave her personal life at the stage door, everyone is telling a lie - to themselves, or to others. Some of the lies mislead on purpose, some are to protect, some are in self-defense, but they all mask the truth in some way.

When an investigation into an improper student-teacher relationship begins, it's all anyone at school can talk about. From people who spread the rumors to those who don't want to hear them, each of the character's own lies brings a weight to the story that spins out of control until the seven of them have to face the truth about how their actions wove together to help create the scandal.

1 comment:

Matt Sinclair said...

I'm about 50 pages into this book and very much enjoying it.