Thursday, March 3, 2016

Thursday Thoughts

1) Why is evaporated milk still a liquid?

2) I started knitting a sweater for Boyfriend when we first started dating, and it was way too big. I had to unravel it and start again. I tried again, made a stupid mistake, unraveled it, started again. I'm almost done with the third attempt... nine years later. Basically I'm Penelope and he is Odysseus.

3) If you cut an earthworm in half and it regenerates, can the two parts then meet up at a later date and have a baby earthworm together? Is this incest, or youcest?

5 comments:

Marin McGinnis said...

All most excellent questions. But if you finish the sweater, will you break up?

Deborah R. Hawkins said...

These are important questions!

bookbunny68 said...

OMG - that is hilarious. I hope you finally get it done. And as for the 2nd one - eeewwwww!

Myrna Foster said...

My high school boyfriend wrote me a poem about an earthworm halved by a shovel that eventually got back together (figuratively). It was an epic quest/romance. I still have it somewhere.

But Odysseus and Penelope were pretty cool, too. ;o)

Mindy McGinnis said...

Marin - yeah I can't take the metaphor too far, because if I finish the sweater I'll be honor bound to marry someone else.

I'll keep the Thursday Thoughts alive as they keep coming. Sometimes I just forget to write down whatever warped things have passed through my head this week.