Wednesday, October 12, 2016

NYCC16 Roundup: I Met A Dinosaur And Liked It Plus Some Swag I'm Giving Away

This was my second year at NYCC and I don't think it's something that one gets used to. Granted, there were more people inside the Javits than live in my entire county, but they also collectively had on brighter colors than my Midwesterner's eyes have seen in a lifetime of looking at stuff.

video


It was a great time. I found a LEGO booth that fit my style, and then Wonder Woman made out of Jelly Bellies, so that was all for the positive. Then I made my way over to the main gate and saw a swell of people so overwhelming that I found a place to hide under an escalator and just stayed there for a bit.


I was happy in my hiding place, but I had to find Brittany Cavallaro and Kimberly McCreight, none of us having ever met each other before. So that was fun.


We did manage to find each other, which was a small miracle. We went to the room for our meetup and I was stunned to find out that the long line of people waiting outside were actually coming there to meet us, and not waiting for the bathroom, which had been my assumption.

60 kids came to meet us, and each one received an EpicReads tote with free copies of our books! We signed for them at a round table an answered questions about our books. It was a great time, and good for face to face with fans - much better than a panel, I think!


After that I found another hiding place, up by the exits along the wall. Somewhere quiet where I could charge my phone, read some of the awesome books that I picked up on the floor, and watch a T-Rex chew people's heads. Seeing one of these things in real life was honestly a highlight. He accidentally knocked something out of a girl's hands and tired to bend down and get it for her but his tiny arms couldn't reach. Priceless. 


I came home with a lot more stuff than I went to New York with. My backpack resented everything I picked up, but I don't think you will. Giveaway below!

Phantom half-mask from ROSEBLOOD by AG Howard
First Look at CARVE THE MARK by Veronica Roth
Preview of THE THOUSANDTH FLOOR by Katharine McGee
CARVE THE MARK Charger
Hardcover copy of IRON CAST by Destiny Soria

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Want to help me with all the mailing costs? I do giveaways at least once week, sometimes more. It can add up. If you feel so inclined as to donate a little to defray my mailing costs, it would be much appreciated!



2 comments:

The Lookout Shop said...

Hey Mindy, I am LOVING your new book!!! But you need to update your "About the Author" info on Goodreads -- it is srsly outdated and has no mention of FEMALE anywhere. That book is just way too dang good not to be on your About info there. !!! (Thank you for the great read and the post card!!)

Mindy McGinnis said...

Thanks for the heads up! It's hard to keep up with all my bios in every account - will update it now!