Thursday, January 26, 2017

Thursday Thoughts

Thoughts this week:

1) Librarians are severely misunderstood creatures. If one more person asks me if I'm going to "shush" them, I may just do that. Permanently. I want to state that I have yet to witness a "shushing" librarian. We're a lot cooler than you think. Proof? Check out this Peep Show put together by librarians.

2) I'm still volunteering at the library occasionally and sometimes we do an Inside-Out day at work. I thought about looping sausage links around my body and saying they were intestines, but then I decided I didn't want to have to explain myself all day long.

3) I wonder if I give my cat too much credit. I think he likes me. He chooses to sleep with me, greets me every morning, is ecstatic when I feed him, and always seems happy when I come home. But my ex-husband had all the same characteristics and that didn't end well.

5 comments:

Suzi said...

That is the most family friendly peep show I've ever seen. Um, not that I've actually seen any other peep shows. This was my first. ;)

You should've done the intestines. That was a very cool idea. Except maybe for the smell. Next time just wear a sign, then you won't have to explain.

Tracy Bermeo (A2Z Mommy) said...

Ok, I'm sitting at the park with child #3 and laughing our loud. no one is staring at me yet. Hysterical post and I really love the sausage idea!

mfantaliswrites said...

One of my dear friends is a school librarian, and she never "shushes" anyone. As long as things don't get out of hand, she's a big fan of enthusiasm in the library.

Ditto all comments on the sausages. :D

Annalise Green said...

I've never had a librarian shush me! It does sound like an inaccurate/unfair stereotype. Still, I love the heck out of the librarian action doll that comes complete with shushing motion.

That peep show is adorable! And delicious-looking.

Erica Eliza said...

I was just thinking about this the other day. I played a video game where the librarian character was super shushy, and I realized I've never heard that happen in real life.